Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Predatory Pussies

Click

The wonderful thing about cats is that at some point every cat owner admits they've let something wild into their lives with its own agenda.

Friday night I didn't hang up my coat but draped it over the ottoman. Walking through the living room, I thought I heard a noise as I passed the coat-draped ottoman. I stopped, looked around; I even called the cat by name; no cat in sight. When I passed through a few minutes later, a paw swiped my ankle as I reached the ottoman. I was the prey, and puss the hunter.

Being male, Toupie is a more than a little territorial. He growls when someone comes to the door that he doesn't know. And as more than one chinese food delivery person will attest, he habitually bounds out of the apartment after them. My sister on more than one occassion has simply branded Toupie's behavior as gangsta.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment