Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Winge

I try not to winge in real life and rarely on my blog but I'm making an exception in this case.

This evening has been miserable. I've somehow injured my right shoulder. A visit to the doctor and xrays last week didn't reveal much because of the inflammation. So I'm to schedule physio for six weeks and take an anti-inflammatory three times a day. I left work late, so I wasn't able to walk home. The bus was full up, so I didn't get a seat at the front. I was too far away from the doors to wait until the bus stopped to get up. Using the seat rails and the arm slings, I moved slowly towards the front door. By the time I got off the bus, my upper arm and shoulder were screaming with pain. I picked up my packages (it was Amazon night...lots of small stuff). I was almost in tears opening the door. I stepped on poor Toupie's paw in my haste to get my jacket off and sit in the chair under the vibrating neck harnness. By the time I sat, the pain was in my neck and up behind my ear on the right side. 30 minutes under the vibrating harness and I was at least able to do some french toast in the toaster oven for dinner. Now I'm just waiting for the motrin to kick in.

I'm a sucker for quizzes and such. I was delighted to find out I'm most like the Dowager Lady Grantham on the Downton Abbey quiz. While looking at a sock pattern on a blog I saw the what kind of flower are you quiz. Irresistable. I'm a snapdragon. The quiz totally pegged me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment