Monday, February 4, 2013

Kitchner Before Breakfast

Toupie and I had a lazy Sunday yesterday. Didn’t make the bed until it was time to change the bedding (Toupie’s favorite time of the week). As you can see from the photo, someone didn’t mind.



Sock Knitting
I like everything about sock knitting except for heels. I’ve tried and succeeded with the standard gusset heel, but I find it nerve-racking and a couple of my science experiment socks in variegated yarn had terrible pooling problems in the gusset area. I don’t know if it was me or the yarn. I like the Fleegle Heel concept. What I haven’t worked out yet is getting a snug heel fit using the Fleegle Heel. I’ve downloaded some patterns with the Strong heel and will try those. My major triumph Sunday morning was completing an afterthought heel and binding it off with Kitchener Stitch. The heel fits like a glove. I’m using Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool in Birch Tweed (this is their one yarn in the Fisherman’s Wool line that isn’t 100% wool.) I’m using size 3 dpns. The socks fit snugly on my leg and foot. When you have bird legs and pencil feet these minor details become important.

Just for amusement: Toupie has a thing about my British Policing Manuals. Look at that guilty mug. The Roads Policing Manual has a few claw marks. I secretly think he's planning on taking and driving away.




No comments:

Post a Comment