Saturday, February 26, 2011

Toupie and Socks

Toupie Nesting in my Totebag

This after pulling down the package of paper.

The Tucson Sock

These are knit from the top down. Now I messed up one of the gussets. Considered frogging, but decided against it. I'm still learning, and more interested in getting fit and deciding which method (toe up or cuff down) I prefer for knitting socks. These socks fit both my foot and my leg with negative ease. I really like the k3p1 ribbing at the top of the sock. Wasn't wild about the colour of the yarn once I started knitting it. The colour pooling that occurred during the gusset decreases convinced me that I'd rather use solid coloured yarn that is subtly dyed--like the kettle dyed yarns--especially as my shoes are colourful: purple, lime green, sherbert orange. The leg length is perfect for summer and spring.

I'm going to hold off on doing the toe and starting the second Tuscon sock and finish my second toe up sock with the Fleegle heel this weekend. This sock also took about the same number of days to knit as the toe up sock.













No comments:

Post a Comment