Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Projects! Projects!

The sock so far.

The Nomad Hat and Scarf

The gauge swatch of the Foxen Sheep yarn. This yarn knits up firm but lofty. It's not as springy as Merino.


The Half Circle Shawl



An Embroidered Pillow
An interesting question was posed in the KAL forum. What are the benefits of the different types of heels that one can knit for socks. I've only knit a gusset heel. But I'm really interest in responses to this question from those with more experience knitting and wearing hand knit socks. I can see the advantage of the afterthought heel in doing bicolour heels and toes in a pair of socks. I understand that the afterthought heel makes replacing the heel easier.
We had a discussion during the knitting lunch group at work today about the nesting habits of cat. I write this as Toupie has made himself comfortable on my shoulder bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment