Saturday, February 12, 2011

Toe Up Sock One down One to go



Extra fabric around the heel

The leg of the sock fits perfectly.
Sock One is finished. The foot part of the sock lacks negative ease and the heel is a little wide (which with my 5A heel isn't that unusual) but the leg of the sock is perfect. I do like the gusset on the bottom of the foot. It creates a little cup for the heel.
I'm switching sock two to dpns instead of magic loop. I knit faster on dpns and seem to have better stitch tension.
This has been a wonderful learning process thanks to the other knitters in the kal. It's been an interesting--and frustrating--discovery that fitting information on socks is so scattered when fit in socks is so crucial. I totally agree with the one person on the forum who said they'd gladly knit a vanilla sock if fit perfectly.
I'm happy that I've conquered my two obstacles to toe-up socks:
  • finding a cast on that works for me
  • knitting the gusset and the heel

I still need to get over wrap and turn anxiety; but figure that will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment