Thursday, February 17, 2011

End of the Week and a 4-Day Weekend

This is our short week at work. We work several 8 hour days and every other week is a compressed week with a free Friday. It's so nice when these occur and the following Monday is a holiday.

Lots to do on the knitting front. I am doing the Fleegle Heel on the second sock and am at the point of doing the gusset increases. I've switched back to magic loop for this portion of the knitting and to do the heel.

I want to finish and wash the Foxen Sheep gauge swatch in preparation for the Limerick Hat and I want to cast on for a top down sock in Palette.

Went to the doctor yesterday because the arthritis in my neck has been bothersome. The x-ray technician there is so wonderfully friendly and professional. I was a little agast when he had me hold 10lb bags in each hand to get my shoulders down and level. It so odd seeing your skeleton on film. I mean we know we have bones, it's just that we don't often think of our bones or see them in pictures.

I was a little agast when the Dr. said there was no sign of a fracture. Isn't it usually the patient jumping to the worst case scenario. It had never occurred to me that there could possibly be something else going on besides the arthritis. Whatever this current aggravation is, there's no involvement of my rotator cuff or the muscles in my shoulder and arms. I am to continue taking the Aleve; have been ordered to PT; and was given a muscle relaxer to take at night. Looked up the drug on the Internet. Whoa! The drug is addictive. Lots of warnings not to give it anyone with a history of drug addiction. Knowing the ability of muscle relaxers to turn me into a gelatinous squid, I only took half a tablet. In about hour, I could tell the difference in my neck. But more importantly, I was awake to tell the difference.

I own well under 100 CDs and about a dozen DVD's. There are a few that I'd like to own--Out of Africa, Gone With the Wind, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Cassablanca--but there is one that I have been looking for to rent on Netflix or to buy: The Mahabarata television series with English subtitles. This series kept me entranced every Saturday morning for almost three years when it was broadcast on WNVT, which was the local international television station here. When I moved, I could no longer get the signal. This week I found it on the Internet; all 94 episdoes with English subtitles. I have been watching an episode a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment