Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gaga

Traffic tonight was horrid. Where are those traffic people in the yellow jackets when you need them? Why do drivers continue to block the box when all that does is block traffic? Why won't people move to the back of the bus when there's plenty of room?

It wasn't really raining more like very light drizzle. No foreign leaders in town bashing off to dinner at the White House. Only Lady Gaga at the Verizon Center. Was she born this way or born to tie up traffic? I walked to the bus stop. Knew I had a 10 minute wait minimum. Opted for another option and landed in the malstrom of traffic going nowhere. Finally walked to 13th Street to ensure getting a bus with seats still available and then we sat...and sat...and sat...
The bus finally crawled along until we got to U Street. I didn't arrive home until after 7.

Awaiting me were three boxes. One with yarn and The Sweater Workshop for the summer kal.
The others contained my Amazon orders. New ironing board cover!!! After going all fashion conscious and getting a cloth cover with flowers a few years ago, I've returned to silicon. Better life through chemistry, me!

Toupie was in a right state. It was dinner time and I was just coming through the door. Between bouts of following me around, he munch frantically at his treats until I filled his food bowl. I popped a helping of the Lebanese string beans in the oven with two slices of spam; turned on the BBC for the latest news on Libya, and promptly got into my pjs and bedsocks. Postponed are the plans to do handwash. Have I mentioned that Toupie waits until I sit down to eat before he eats. He does.

Today was stressful at work because I forgot my computer glasses. I found them in the chair where I always collect the items I need to put in my bag in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment