Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snow and Spring

We were promised (threatened) with 1" by morning and snow showers throughout the day. It's cold sunny and not a flake to be found. My photography book won't be here for another week, so I am struggling with the camera manual and learning a few things. Plus M gave me a link to a website that is helping.


















Above is my gauge swatch for the Atalanta sweater. As you can see, when you have a cat, they simply must be at the center of everything. The second picture is the first one I took. The first picture is after I made adjustments to the camera color setting to more truly represent the colour of the yarn. I also did a white balance adjustment before shooting.


I've knit the bottom of the swatch on size 5 dpns; the blue strip starts the size 6 needles using magic loop. The yarn is cotton. I will measure the swatch when I finish; wash; block, wait for it to dry and measure again. I'm excited because this sweater not only has 7%positive ease in the bust but it instructions for bust darts are included in the pattern and it is knitted top down so I can try it on as I go.







Both socks











Right Sock w/heel flap





















Fleegle Heel, Left Sock

The photos above are the toe up socks. The right sock was knit using Wendy Johnson's Toe Up Socks with a Difference pattern: gusset on the bottom; traditional heel flap. Notice the extra fabric both around the heel and on the top of the foot. The left sock was knit using the Fleegle Heel. No extra fabric at the top or around the heel and ankle. I'm sure I could make adjustments in the number of stitches to get a better fit with the heel flap (the gusset is nice and cushy). The disincentive is the Fleegle Heel is fiddle free right off the pattern page.





The nice thing is although these socks were knit more experimentally than originally planned, they really are comfy on. I'm a handknit sock convert.




2012 The Movie: Spoiler Alert

This wasn't as dreadful as all the reviews I heard led me to believe it would be. What would have made it so much better is if they'd done a better set up of the premise up front establishing all the characters' relationships and also let the viewer in on what had actually been planned at the G8 Summit in the beginning of the movie. The crazy person who knows what's coming role wasn't that convincing because Cusack seemed to be the only one tuning in. I think most of the audience didn't get the irony at the end. The special effects were really astounding.


The annoyances were the cliche Mum's in another relationship because Dad was too absorbed with something else to pay attention to her or the kids (who are now either clingy or angry with him). The character with an Alexander Haig-sized ego who "takes over", lacks humanity, and gets it in the end.




Toupie's First Video

No comments:

Post a Comment