Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cat under the covers and SOS

Berocco Remix Strawberry before washing


Berocco Remix Strawberry after washing
Lady Kina so far

Toupie under the covers




 My Lady Kina has entered the SOS (sea of stockingnette) stage. I was actually able to knit several rows before and after my eye surgery on Friday. Knitting is SOOOO comforting when you are stressed. And I was stressed. The one question I always meant to ask and never did was exactly what the set up would be and how the surgery was done. Well it didn't live up to my Dr. Frankenstein concept of laying on a table and with a giant laser beam (usually used for shooting down asteroids) being beamed into my eye. It was all quite simple, except for twinges, painless; and over in less than 10 minutes. I'm now on anti-inflammatory drops 3x/d. Going to bed was an adjustment the first night: I've had to readjust my life to make sure I get the three sets of drops in at reasonable intervals before bed.

I wound the second ball of the Rowan Creative Focus and I don't think I will do it with subsequent balls as I continue the sos on the Lady Kina. I've noticed that there are thick and thin places in the yarn now. I've readjusted my knitting to compensate for them.

The Berocco Remix is an amazing yarn. 100% recycled fibers It is 30% Nylon, 27% cotton 24% acrylic10% Silk and 9% Linen. It is soft on the hands to knit. I read the reviews and had the same experience of it growing after washing and drying. It did bleed a little. I knit the sample in size 8, 5 and 7 needles. The bit knit at size 8 produces the most drapey fabric. Size 5 produces a firm but not stiff fabric. I'm seriously thinking about the Gansey Skirt for this yarn. As well as perhaps, one of the lap blankets I'm knitting for AKF walk.

Toupie, as you can see from the piccy, was using my grandmother's bedspread for a blankie while sleeping (until I showed up with the camera) under the covers before I got in bed last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment