Thursday, February 9, 2012

Murray River Salt, Dr. Bronners Sal Suds and Other Great Finds


Elegant Lap Rug

Toupie on the dresser while I'm at the computer



It's already February and that seems to be going fast. Took my first ever trip to the DMV to get a non-drivers ID. What fun. Took 30 minutes. But unlike a lot of people, I'd filled out the forms from online, had all of my documentation and ID at hand. I'm even pleased with my photo.

Made two discoveries much to my delight: Exquisite Fabrics--which has been the main source of my wardrobe for almost 30 years--is switching from brick and mortar to an online store. In the meantime, the bargins are amazing on some of the best fabric you'll ever buy.

I also discovered Spice and Tea Exchange in Georgetown (www.spiceandtea.com) and they carry catnip. Toupie now demands his morning 'nip fix by knocking the catnip jar down. They have a good variety of spices, spice mixes, teas, sugars and salts. I bought a small bag of Murray River Basin salt. Yes, it's from the Murray River in Australia. I'd happily put another shrimp on the barbie or a slab (that's Australian for steak) for that matter with this rich, buttery salt.

I am knitting two lap blankets for kidney patients that will be given at the AKF walk in Washington in June. I choose Universal Yarns Classic Chunky Tweed. This is a nice yarn with a nice hand. Perfect for a blanket and would make a nice cabled hoodie. It's 79% Acrylic and 18% wool, machine washable and dryable. I have had the Sutherland Studios Elegant Lap Blanket in my Ravelry queue since January 2009 waiting for a yarn like this. I am madly searching for a nice non-wool bulk yarn to use for the second blanket.

The Lady Kina continues. I try to do several rows each night. I bought this on Amazon to keep the Lady Kina as it has outgrown it's baggie. I still want to get one of  the see-through project bags from Knit Picks but couldn't justify the shipping for one item when I can get free shipping from Amazon.

Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds. OMG...should have known it would be amazing. It is a Dr. Bronner's product. Light scent, amazing cleaning. I can't wait to the mop the kitchen floor with this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is coming along nicely, I'm so glad you like my pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete