Monday, January 9, 2012

Manic Monday






Toupie on top of the bookshelf looking quite annoyed that he's being photographed...again.

The Hurricane Hat in Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool Birch Tweed. Easy peasy knit that would have taken me one day had I not gotten so engrossed in A Dance to the Music In Time (more about that later).

Okay, so I knit the hat this weekend. Wore it this morning. Walked into Crumbs and Coffee. Two people ahead of me what do I see: a woman wearing the Hurricane H, at. A friend had knit it for her.

Wore the Mitered Mitts today. Toasty.

Lady Kina Progress Update: Knit on to a 40” size 7 circular. Lost a little time this weekend having to undo half a row (thank goodness for lifelines) after misunderstanding an increase. Back on track now. Knitting the 4” before the sleeve bind off. Will do more piccys when I start the sleeves.

Now back to A Dance to the Music In Time. Watched this on Saturday. The reviews on Netflix were deadful and off putting. It's a particularly English drama. As I watched it, while engrossed, I can understand why most American viewers were put off. It's full of little, very British references--some of them quite witty--which if you don't get it, you don't get it. I got them; I got the cliquey old school tie relationships that guide you through life bit and how the experiences and relationships formed in a private school setting end up making you very comfortable with people from that environment whether you like them or not. It was sort of Glittering Prizes set in the 1930's.

I bought a yarntainer. Been wanting one forever. It was on sale with free shipping. What can I say. It's really nice, much better than ziploc bags for holding your yarn. Makes moving projects from chair to chair to bed very easy.

Have seen some delicious Madelinetosh yarn in Nutmeg, Copper, and Walnut. Can I afford three skeins of Madelinetosh. Must do budget.

Bought my sister a microwave steamer today. It's on it's way to her.

Had lovely snow which won't last and will probably reemerge as black ice just in time for rush hour tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hat and the yarntainer looks very sensible. I use a jar with a hole in the lid for my string. Toupie looks really cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat. Love the cat. Didn't like Dance to the Music of Time in spite of being English!

    ReplyDelete