Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year in Review

The best moments of 2011:

Being blessed by the Karmapa
Changing Jobs: having the confidence to step into the unknown
Knitting socks that fit
Realizing I have more bras than at any other time in my life
Realizing I have more shoes than at any other time in my life (Watch out Imelda)
Recognizing that by leaving friends, I’m not losing friends
When the neighbor who always slammed his front door…MOVED OUT

Worst Moments of 2011

My sister in the hospital
Changing Jobs: leaving the familiar for the unknown

Most Fun of 2011:
Being serenaded by my co-workers on my last day at work
Brandi’s Wedding and getting to spend the weekend with Tori

Most Embarrassing Moment of 2011:

Going splat on the sidewalk twice

Scariest Moment of 2011:

Realizing that it wasn’t just a large truck making the building shake, but an earthquake

Most useful purchase of 2011:

A little microwave steamer: prevents you from killing food
Slow cooker
 
Funniest Moment of 2011:

The shocked reactions to my wearing a skirt and heels to work
Seeing myself in group photos and realizing, I’m really short.

Best Yarn Moment of 2011:

Finally buying the Knit Picks City Tweed for a sweater
Finally buying the Cascade Eco+ for a vest

Worst Yarn Moment of 2011:

When the Knit Picks Shimmer yarn became so tangled, I had to scrap it and use another colour because, of course, the Cumulus colourway has been discontinued and it was such a dead gorgeous colourway that no one on Ravelry wants to sell or trade any. Don’t blame them.L

Resolution for 2012

Be open with confidence to whatever arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment