Monday, December 26, 2011

Reversible Cabled Snood and a week of knitting

This is a easy pattern, knit to 47 inches before being joined. Using Valley Yarns Northampton from Webs. A soft, but not buttery soft, worsted weight yarn. It's firm enough that I've only dropped a few stiches that are easily recovered. Mostly if a stitch comes of the needle, it sits there erect, waiting to be picked up again. I'm using size 7 needles and creating a very firm fabric.

This week's batch of veggie soup is sitting on warm. I used a package of Trader Joe's veggies, 1/3 of Trader Joe's  stuffing starter, I added tomato paste, sauteed the stuffing starter with cardamon, fenugreek, tumeric, red, white and black pepper in olive oil. I also added black rice and yellow split peas. I now need to add a little salt.

Toupie is enjoying a batch of organic catnip.

I have the week off and plan to make serious headway on a series of projects as well as finishing a few on the needles. Watch this space for photos and progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment