Sunday, January 30, 2011

This Week



This weekend has been fractured. I steamed blocked the straight edges of the Cabled Hat Flaps. I just haven't had a large unfractured bit of time to pin and start to sew them.

I started the Nomad Hat in the meantime and am at the point of knitting the first scarf part. This is a really easy pattern. I'm not that wild about the yarn I chose. The colour is perfect for the purple coat but the yarn is tubular and has just enough viscose and nylon in it to dampen the spring of the merino and cashmere.

Mail was delayed by Wednesday's snow. So my order from 62 Degrees North arrived yesterday. 62 Degrees North yarn is organically produced, undyed Faroes Island yarn. I bought one skein of the light worsted and 100 grams of carded wool to start working with my drop spindle. I love the packaging. The wrapping for the yarn and the wool is brown paper. Both came wrapped in tissue paper with dark brown wool for the tie. I'm going to knit a sample from the tie. Both feel and smell of lanolin.

No comments:

Post a Comment