Sunday, January 9, 2011

Arghh

Here is the Giselle yarn (the lighter colour) and the Cascade 200 on the purple coat. I've always worn black or white hat, scarves, or gloves with the coat which has never done it justice.

In my tidying and organizing mania over the holidays, I realized (after looking for a week) that I managed to throw out my vial of needles and stitch markers. I've managed to limp by using the ones left in their packaging. They were mostly the large markers which I don't use as much.
Finally broke down yesterday and made a trip to Looped Yarn Works.

The shop was busy and reminded me of the early seventies when on Saturday afternoons we'd trek over to the Woolgatherer when it was on 21st Street. One of the sales staff was wearing a lovely simple shawl. I wore the purple coat in the hopes of finding a yarn to compliment it. Hence the Cascade and the Giselle.

I did see skeins of Cascade bulky @ 435 yards for $15.00, which I now have in my sights.

But I just like shopping there. It's so friendly, the yarns are perfectly arranged and there is lots of natural light and a large mirror over the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment