Thursday, January 6, 2011

Minneolas and Spinning Wheels

I am not a fruit person. I love my melons and veggies. But wave a pomelo or a minneola in my direction and I can't resist. January is the best time for both. Although the pomelos in the US are mostly rind with very little fruit (unlike the ones you get in Vietnam), there is nothing like peeling one and letting the flesh sit in a three pepper mixture (white, black, Thai chili) with a little salt. I prepare minneolas the same way. Both are a little more expensive this year than last but are such a refreshing treat after the heavy foods we tend to consume from Thanksgiving to the New Year.

Knit Picks has spinning wheels and looms. It's time to save the pennies.
The cabled hat is progressing nicely. I am a few rows from completing the main knitting on the front flap. Next comes the edging on both flaps and then knitting the cable band. If all goes to plan, I will start the dome part of the hat Saturday morning.

Nomad Hat and Scarf: This is a pattern I coveted for two years. I bought the pattern when Interweave was having a sale. Bought 4 skeins of Classic Elite Duchess in the Majesty's Magenta colourway to go with my purple coat.


I saw someone wearing the Snail Hat today.

My neighbors are still coughing. Someone at work has been coughing since November. I am keeping up with my vitamins and drinking cups of lemon tea (slice one lemon put it in a cup, pour boiling water of it and drink. You can keep adding boiling water until the lemon taste weakens--usually four large mugs to one lemon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment