Sunday, November 25, 2012

Toupie and Some Knitting

Toupie caught in the handle of a plastic bag
My pet companion: Toupie.  I adopted Toupie when he was just 8 weeks old. His mum had been found preggers on the side of the road in West Virginia. He was named Toupie by the women who rescued his mum because at six weeks he'd jumped from their second-story railing into the living room.
 
Toupie has never lost that sense of adventure. He loves doing "hall runs" to the trash room with me. Loves people attention and can be counted on to turn on the I am so cute charm whenever he encounters perfect strangers in the hallway. He is, of course, well known to the neighbors and staff.
 
When he was just a kitten handful, I used to cradle him like a baby or put him up against my chest with his head on my shoulder and rub his back and scratch his head. To this day, he'll get in my lap and curl up to be cradled or put his paws on my chest and snuggle.
 
He had a spate of yarn chasing today, a rarity for him. He usually perfers his toys, a balled up piece of paper, or currently, the fortune cookies in wrappers I received last week.
 
Knitting:
 
I am beginning to think knitting down my stash will take years.  Tomorrow is Cyber Monday and I am anxious to get some yarn for coat--if it goes on sale. I am encouraged in that I've finished at least one item, sometimes two a week, since before Labor Day. Here is the second item from last week:
This beret will match the ShapeIt! Scarf.

I am currently knitting this gaiter for a biking colleague:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment