Sunday, November 4, 2012

Frustration

There's nothing worse than when you manage to make yourself miserable. I've done this by misplacing my camera. And it is frustrating because I've got projects to photograph.

The Miami Vice Shawl is finished and awaiting blocking.

The Husk is finished. I love this cowl. Some have complained that the Rowan Creative Worsted yarn feels rough to knit with and because it is almost unspun, splitty. Yes, it is a little splitty but I don't find it rough. What I love about this wool and alpaca blend is in the cold it is heavenly warm. I wore the Husk during the brisk cold we've had since Sandy. It's a just right length; no fiddling or draping. My office is located in a building that was built in 1906 and my desk is in a large open space that doesn't hold heat. The Husk was the perfect thing to slip on when I got chilled last week.

I'm enrolled in Marly Bird's Craftsy class for mittens and gloves. I've just finished my first convertible mitten and will cast on its mate before bed tonight. Great pattern, great video instruction.

I bought Sally Mellville's The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch about four years ago. I despaired of making anything from it. All those boxy shapes in garter stitch. But I bought a skein of KFI Luxury Collection Mohair and Silk yarn at Looped Yarn Works. Okay, it was pretty and it was in the sale basket. Thought I might use the yarn as a cuff on a pair of fingerless mitts until I remember the book and the Shape It! Scarf.  It's a simple almost boring knit once you pass the shaping. In this case, the yarn makes the pattern. This has been my bedtime knit for the past week and a half. Less than inch to go before bind off.

So you see my frustration: I'm being so good, knitting down the stash and in the midst of a clear out and switching from summer to winter clothes, I've misplaced my camera.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment