Thursday, November 1, 2012

Facebook Is NO Substitute for Customer Service

Yeah, it may seem in this multi-platform, hyper-connected age that everyone is online and everyone online is connected to everything, but guess what: Not True.

I learned today, via Ravelry, that Creative Magazine announced on 20 September on their Facebook page that they were only publishing four issues a year instead of six. Am I on Facebook? Yes. Do I follow Creative Knitting Magazine on Facebook: No. Did I expect or was I told by Creative Knitting that they would only be making product announcements on Facebook? No. Is there any announcement on their webpage that there has been a change to the number of issues a year they publish: No

Not to follow down the route of the upset Ravelry posters who have to date contacted customer service, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau requesting my subscription of 6 issues be honored or my money refunded.

Had I received an email or a letter from the magazine or its parent company letting me know of the change, it may not have made me happy, but I wouldn't feel like I do right now: cheated and dismissed. I don't know what the end result will be of the BBB complaint: I may get 4 or 6 issues or I may get my money back. One thing is certain: Nothing, I mean nothing--not promises of tips, tutorials, or more content--will ever induce me to purchase another product from Creative Knitting Magazine or their parent company Annie's Attic again.

And in this connected age, more than 6 people know that I'm an unhappy customer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment