Sunday, November 18, 2012

Neat and New

I have treated myself recently to some little luxuries:

Grapefruit Saver
Totally cute and utilitarian, except for the times when I eat the entire grapefruit.

Grapefruit Spoons
Makes separating the fruit from the rind a one-stop operation. You just have to be careful of the serrated edges when eating.

Oxo Good Grips Jar Opener
My nutcracker is feeling neglected. A bottle of Australian wine with a screwtop prompted this purchased.

New Book Release
I am sentenced to be a Gladiatrix; a mercy or so they told me. Roman Justice is for Roman citizens, not for Celts like me. My father the bard sang the wrong songs and is dead, my husband is drowned in the marshes, and none of my kin will dare raise a voice against our oppressors lest they too suffer. I must learn to fight with the trident and net. With the blessing of the Goddess I will live long enough to earn my wooden sword and freedom.
Linda Gruchy has finally released Gladiatrix. Read more about the book and Linda here.

Knitting:

I lightly blocked both these items.
Miami Vice Shawl


Shape It! Scarf
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment