Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lady Kina is Finished

Lady Kina Before Blocking

Toupie catnapping
Lady Kina is finished, soaked, blocked, and currently drying. Just need to add a button once it's dry.

In celebration, I set out to consolidate stash to select yarns for the Knit One, Knit All KAL in the Knit Picks group on Ravelry and to start the first of at least two summer tops. In all honesty, I can't do a woe is me how did I end up with so much yarn because I know the answer.

So I've set myself the task of a minimum of one hour knitting each day.

Toupie did have a bit of meow jag this week. Unusual for him, we had quite a convo going for a bit until his insistence told me something was amiss. Yep, you guessed it: empty food bowl.
I have to relate what happened Monday morning of this week: I didn't go out last weekend, because there was nothing I needed, except cat treats. Toupie had eaten all his treats by Friday night. His displeasure was expressed by dashing out the door as I was leaving for work, sitting down in the hallway with his back turned to me. It lasted almost five minutes. Fortunately, I was 15 minutes early and was able to give him space (not that I didn't know he was unhappy about having to eat just food all weekend).

I am always amazed how every tidy ends up revealing more cat toys.

This week’s Silver Linings:

Wandering Wool: Okay, I confess; I had a hard time deciding on which colourway to order first. I finally decided on Alligator Alley. Mark your calendars: Wandering Wool Trunk Show at Looped Yarn Works 21 April from 3:000-5:00.

Travelknitter and Nimuyarns  for lots of hand dyed/painted yummy yarn goodness.

On the needles:
Swatching for the Purless Pullover by Karen Hipsky.
For the KAL, I'm going to try to finish the following by June 30 from Knit One, Knit All:
Diamond-back Bonnet
Kathmandhu Hat
Knitted Clogs
Add a Booties

No comments:

Post a Comment