Monday, March 5, 2012

FYI

In my very first blog post, I highly recommended Yarn Forward Magazine, which has now become Knit Magazine, to readers of this blog.

In light of events, I feel I must ask my readers to read all or any one of the following:

Joyarna
Dull Roar
Subway Knitter
Absolute Write

One of the joys of being a knitter in the era of the Internet, is belonging to an internationally rich and generous community consisting of, to name a few, Ravelry, Esty, E-bay, bloggers, local yarn stores, online and brick and mortar yarn and pattern companies. I can order yarn or tools from someone across the hall or 20,000 miles away. I can buy a pattern written in Greek and use Google Translate, with varying degrees of success, to translate it into English. Stuck on a technique, there's bound to be a video on You Tube or some other knitting site that will help.

It is painful whenever I learn that people or websites are violating a designer's copyright and I am pained, dissappointed, and downright angry about the alleged practices of these people and their business.

Fortunately, they are the exception and not the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment