Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What a Difference A Yarn Makes

I'm knitting the Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood. I started this in Knit Picks Merino Style. That yarn is being discontinued. Rather than invest more in another discontinued yarn line and colourway, I turned to 62 Degrees North Faroes Island wool 2ply light worsted in light brown. .


I'm loving the stitch definition and the general sheepiness of the yarn. It smells like sheep and after completing a few rows, there's the sheen of lanolin from the wool on my hands. I'm actually itching to get this off the needles to soak and block it, but I have another four skeins to knit.
Also on the needles is another Ishobel. This one has been commissioned and will be a gift. I'm knitting it using the same, now discontinued, KP Essential Sock Yarn. This is the third time I have knit this pattern and I have to say, I'm enjoying this knit immensely because of my increased ability to read my stitches. Still having the same stitch count issues, but I've got them under better control.

No comments:

Post a Comment