Saturday, November 26, 2011

Slow Cooker

I bought the smallest size with the highest recommendations on Amazon.com. Used A Taste of Thai's Thai Spicy Peanut Bake and two pork chops from Whole Foods plus 2.5 MacIntosh apples. Added water, which I now know is a mistake. I should have reread that bit in the instruction manual which reminds owners that there is no evaporation in a slower cooker. I'll remember that when making the soup later today. Cooking time: 4 hours on high

The pork chops and apples are delish. The apples are mushy; the pork is fall off the bone tender and moist. The whole infused with the flavors of the Thai Spicy Peanut Bake.

Measured out the Navy beans last night. How I managed to scoop exactly one cup, I'll never know. They've soaked overnight and plumped up quite nicely. Yesterday I bought some prepackaged soup things: 1 turnip; 2 carrots; 1 onion, 1 garlic and some thyme and other herbs. I also bought 3 small boiling potatoes and some bacon. These will go into the navy bean soup.

On the needles: I'm on row 54 of the second complete knit Chart A of the Guernsey Wrap using Knit Picks overspun wool in the Ash colorway. Piccy's later.

My Black Friday deal: Ottlite Folding Desk Lamp reg. 89.00; 19.99. Threw in a skein of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Brown and size 8 Chiagoo circular needles to get free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment