Wednesday, November 23, 2011

4 Days of Cooking and Knitting

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and the start of four days of not working. Except for accompanying my sister to a drs appointment on Friday morning. I have no plans...well I have plans but none that take me away from home.

Just had a wonderful mini-lunch courtsey of Starbucks Salami and Cheese Bistro Box. A bit pricey (but it is Starbucks), but delish!!! At the end of the box, I was wishing I'd had a glass of a crisp Pino Grigio. Next time...

I bought a small slow cooker. Bought two slower cooker cook books. The portions are huge; don't get the tapioca being added to a lot of the recipies as a thickener for sauce. In short the books aren't the Joy of Cooking, but they have given me jumping off points for experiements.

Went to Whole Foods and bought one-person portions of lentils, Bhutanese Red Rice, black rice and three scoops of Navy beans. These will be turned into soup. But the veg selection at the GW location was sadly lacking. Planning to pick up some leeks, parsnips, carrots, turnips and potatoes Friday morning. Tomorrow the slower cooker gets initiated with: pork chops with peanut sauce, Thai peppers, and basil.

Still waiting on my order for 62 Degrees North :( so the Guernsey Wrap in the Faroes Island wool is on hold. In the meantime, continuing the Ishobel shawl prezzie and started another Guernsey Wrap in the Knit Picks overspun Peruvian wool in the Ash colourway. I have ten skeins, so running out of yarn won't be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment