Sunday, May 30, 2010

One Down and 10 More Rows to Go

I finished the Ishbel on Friday and have 10 more rows on the Leaf and Flower Stole to go.

I'm considering blocking options. I have ordered some foam board. This will give me a 40"x60" area to work with for blocking.

I splashed out ordering a used copy of Creating Original Handknitted Lace by Margaret Stove. This is a book to spend years with. The first thing that struck me, is like Elizabeth Zimmermann, Margaret Stove has a voice. It's the voice of years of knitting experience combined with research. It's the voice that teaches you fundamentals and principles: teaching you the rules of the road so that you can drive or in this case, knit your own designs. This book goes in the pantheon with EZ, Barbara Walker and Mary Thomas.

Wendy of Wendy Knits was given some skeins of hand-painted yarn by 3AM Enchantments. I didn't want to risk not winning a skein in Wendy's give away and went to the 3AM Enchantments Esty store and bought a skein. It arrived yesterday. It's the most stunningly beautiful yarn I've ever seen. Fingering weight, 100% Superwash Merino. Yes, I will post piccys.

No comments:

Post a Comment