Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lace Progress

My first lace project is still on the needles. It is partly a disaster because it was my first attempt at lace and partly because there was a mistake in the charts. This second one is coming along a treat, except I didn't think ahead about how much yarn I would need. Here are photos of the progress so far:



I've made some mistakes due to my difficulty with symbols, but they are now under control. Because of the repeats, I am able to knit this on my bus commute which accounts for much of the progress I've made.

What a difference a weekend makes:
Last weekend was unusually hot. We had no air conditioning and I was like limp rag by Sunday morning. This weekend is usually cool. The winds were really whipping last night but seem to have calmed down this morning. However, the air remains brisk. I'm looking forward to Chelsea vs Wigan in a few hours. The World Cup starts next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment