Thursday, November 5, 2009

Knitting, Nano and All that Jazz

Sorry I’ve been away. Two things have happened. The circular needles I was using for my cowl broke putting that project on hold. Quick needle order placed first thing Monday will hopefully arrive tomorrow. But why oh why do my needles always break when I’m knitting on the bus?

Second, I am participating in the Nanowrimo contest again this year. I haven’t written since I did the contest in November 2007. The first couple of days were awful. My sentences clunked along. I’m so rusty, but today I can feel it all starting to come back to me. Here's a link: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Here is the synopsis I quickly composed for my profile on the Nano site:

Who killed Indira Patel and why? The successful South Asian business woman had made enemies. A husband betrayed by a long ago affair; her hostile relations with local Muslim businessmen; the hardship she'd imposed on her employees by shutting down the pantry, or were the rumours true that her public championing of the Hindu community was just a front.

While Trevor LIttlejohn and his CID staff try to solve the murder, Indira's spoiled daughter is left at a personal crossroad. Does she have what it takes to assume the reigns of the business. The lives of sixty people hang in the balance while she comes to a decision. She finds support and guidance on the road to her decision for the most unlikely of sources, a motherless 17 year old girl.

Third,
I cut the tip of my index finger on a knife the other night while looking for my corkscrew for a neighbour. It doesn’t bother me when I knit, but has made typing a bear but I am soldiering on!

No comments:

Post a Comment