Monday, November 30, 2009

Cakes, Cakes and More Cakes



I won Nanwrimo. Reached 50K about 9:08 last night but the novel isn’t finished. There are major gaps like I need to tell Giselle’s story. But first I need to recover from the effort. This is the first novel-length writing I’ve done in two years and to bang it out in 30 days while I was slammed at work, completed a two-day meditation training retreat and was just over the bout of bronchitis was exhausting. I must admit, it was so good to write again and to have characters living in my head.

The Haggis Hunt is on. If you’ve never heard of it or never done it, here’s a link: http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/camera.cfm?camera=10
I stumbled on this about years ago. There are prizes; I’ve none won but it is a nice diversion. Last December when Graham was briefly working nights, we were having one of our long conversations and I was hunting haggis. It’s the night he taught me to correctly pronounce Leicester Square.

I have found that by leaving the last paper towel on, you know the one that’s glued on to the roll, and turning over the roll to Toupie, it makes a wonderful and cheap toy that he genuinely enjoys.

As a break from the writing this weekend, I wound cakes. This is a Brunswick yarn (the company is now defunct) that I have had for at least 15 years, maybe longer. Some of the reviews on Ravelry suggest it is a little scratchy. I have four skeins. I see a cowl, maybe a hat and maybe leg warmers. The skeins are 190 yards each.



No comments:

Post a Comment