Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Angry Hour

We're on day two of the government shutdown. The sole affect on my life has been less rush hour traffic and the shops and restaurants have been full of patrons in the afternoon. This is a much more interesting experience so far than the last government shutdown 17 years ago. Hard to believe that the Internet was in its infancy then and most of us who were online were on BBS systems. This time around things are very different. There's lots of FB and Twitter traffic arranging meet ups and advertising specials (free/discounted drinks and food for those with Fed IDs). Here's one


There are goodies for knitters: Looped Yarn Works is offering 10% of all purchases until Friday. Fibre Space is offering free knitting classes in the afternoon. Wendy Johnson is offering 50% off on all her patterns for the duration.

Me, I'm envying the Fed fiber fiends who are having hours to knit, crochet, spin, weave, and sew. But despite my envy, I am making good progress on my Helen Pencil Skirt. I've also signed up for a workshop with Shirley Paden on Friday at Looped Yarn Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment