Sunday, September 29, 2013

Russian Join, Crochet Provisional Cast on and Other Fun

Russian Join

Another arrow in my quiver of knitting skills. I used this join for the first time while knitting the Lengthwise Cable scarf.  Where has this been all my life? It’s a wonderful join that eliminates the need to weave in ends. It makes anticipating joining a new ball easier and faster for me.

Crochet Provision Cast On

The latest arrow in my quiver of knitting skills. I’m knitting the Helen Pencil Skirt using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I used the Lucy Neatby video to learn the provisional crochet cast on. Used another circular to pick up the 210 provisional cast on stitches and was able to unzip the crochet cast at the end. Used a third needle to knit the stiches on the needle and the cast on stitches together. Totally Cool!!

I celebrated International Coffee Day with two cups of Trung Lam Café. I order all my coffee from Vietnamese Coffee Online.

Cooperative Press is keeping me excited these days. Knit Edge continues to go from strength to strength with interesting articles to read and patterns to knit. Pen Hemingway (PenelopeSpider on Ravelry) is coming out with two new books: River Ganseys and Old Hand Knitters of the Dales.

No comments:

Post a Comment