Saturday, September 21, 2013

Swatch Week

I have only two rows left till bind off on the Lengthwise Cable Scarf, but this week I left off finishing to swatch.

I bought three skeins of Cascade Eco+ in Lavender to knit a skirt. In January I'd bought some Black Welsh Mountain yarn from Countrybyrd on Ravelry. The yarns made for interesting knitting even if I only knit swatches. The Eco+ is commercially produced and knits up nicely as a Aran-Heavy Worsted weight. The Black Welsh Mountain is rustic, sheepy, and minimally processed, but it worked up wonderfully firm on size 4's in stocking stitch and the 2x2 ribbing was perky. At 12 wpi, I guess it to be a sport weight. What I don't know is the yardage. I suspect I have about 1500 yards.

The next couple of weeks are going to be quite busy. Deva Premal on September 24. In October,  Buddhist relics on display and Robert Thurman -- not together--and a lace class with Shirley Paden and then a weekend class on Rigden.

No comments:

Post a Comment