Friday, January 4, 2013

Year of the Water Snake

There are another 35 or so days before the Year of the Water Snake arrives, but already it feels like 2013 will be action packed.

In February I'm attending a cast-on class at Looped Yarn Works taught by the amazing Shirley Paden. I am going to continue my Way of Shambhala training with Meek and Perky in March. Spiny and Mr. Ant are coming in May for the Malice Domestic conference. And I'm laying plans to travel to Oakland to see Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh in October.

The calendar year ended with another incredible Monlam with a series of teachings by the Karmapa that I'll continue to absorb during 2013.

Toupie had to suffer through my confusion during the last days of 2012. I put a package of pecans next to the packages of treats and at least twice gave him pecans instead of treats. Puss was not a happy camper.

Among my achievements during 2012 was adhering to my resolution to knit 1 hour per day with amazing results in my productivity and for the last eleven days of the year, I only ate from my refrigerator and pantry. The one, which I thought would be an achievement, but which I've realized is a process, is a total clean-up and out and organization of my living space. More about that later.

The best fun of 2012 was visiting the Insectarium in New Orleans and the Christmas Countown in the Friends group on Ravelry where we gifted each other patterns.

If you've been a regular or occassional reader of this blog, you'll know the biggest frustration of 2012 for me and hundreds of others.

Knitting
One the needles are Ann Budd's First Time Tube Socks and Basic Tam Pattern. Next are a pair of convertible mitts for sister and the Annie Modesitt's Falkland Skirt from History on Two Needles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment