Saturday, January 12, 2013

Socks, A Yarn Barf and a Furball

Socks!
First-time Tube Socks by Ann Budd knit with Knit Picks WOTA sport overspun Garnet Heather colourway
Finished my first pair of socks for 2013.

Yarn Barf
 
This is a lovely merino DK-weight yarn from Colourmart. I bought the DK Merino set when as a special offer for the Olympics knitting but the Olympics happened between travelling to meetings and I was unable to knit it up. Both skeins that I have worked with barfed badly. I'll need to work out what I'm doing wrong when it's time to knit the rest of the batch. But the yarn really is butter soft, a little splitty but nothing that can't be overcome, and knits up beautifully. Colourmart always has a wonderful selection in stock and they are amazing to deal with. Highly recommend.

I'll spare you piccys of the furball I stepped on this morning while getting out of bed.

Hot Chocolate complaint: why are hot chocolate packets designed to make 6oz cups when most people have 8oz cups?

No comments:

Post a Comment