Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mixed Emotions

Graham would have been 58 today. I miss him terribly, but at the same time, I am so grateful to him for enriching my life.  I still imagine had he lived, we'd spend evenings in the flat he was on the verge of renting the week he went into hospital;  he reading, me knitting. Talking for hours the way we always did. Graham would have really enjoyed the series of history lectures I've been listening to in the evenings the past couple of weeks. We could have resumed are continuous argument about the Sea Peoples.

Between listening to the history lectures, doing a bit a tidying, sticking to my knitting schedule and playing with puss, I keep abreast of the continuing saga of ACM's business practices and the fallout on people who subscribed in good faith to its clubs and magazines. Not to mention the designers, writers, photographers and former employees and contractors who've not been paid or had their work sold on.  For a history click and read the April 25 post.

But for all the angst, anger and bitterness ACM has caused and continues to cause, the Friends  Ravelry group soldiers on.

Some yarn yummies and a cat:

 Three yarns from indie dyers
Wildcraft BFL and Silk Lace in the Tabby Cat colourway

Willow Knits Hand Dyed DK Silk Yarn in Cantaloupe Colourway

The YarnYard Bonny in Old Furniture colourway

Toupie's response to clean sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment