Thursday, April 5, 2012

Button for Lady Kina

Lady Kina Sweater with button from Looped Yarn Works

Merino Lace Weight Yarn in Alligator Alley Colorway from Wandering Wool

Organic Merino Lace 50g - Pumpkin from Rebel Yarn  



I saw birds the other day picking up bits of dried grass and twigs. Must be nest building time.

I've been busy. Keeping to my knitting at least one hour a day pledge. I'm doing my first test knit for a designer on Ravelry. It's going really well.

I'm back at work on my Eye of the Partridge Shawl in KP Bare with Donegal Nubs (discontinued).

I love Craftsy. I've learned so much for the knitting classes I've signed up for. The nice thing is getting a pattern to actually make a garment using the skills and techniques you've learned. Being able to watch the videos as many times as needed to understand. And the instructors are fun and they know their stuff. My latest Craftsy course is The Perfect Fit Seamless Crazy Lace Cardigan with Myra Wood. I've watched the first couple of lessons and needed to get some supplies: stitch markers in different colours and a tape measure. Which of course means a trip to Looped Yarn Works. While there, I found a button for the Lady Kina sweater. I was really good: didn't buy any yarn.

So in between trips to the laundry room and my usual weekend tidy, I will be:
  • working on the test knit
  • knitting at least two gauge swatches for the Seamless Crazy Lace Cardigan using Berroco Remix in Strawberry 
Silver Linings:
Two new books by mates:
Murder Fortissimo by Nicola Slade
Jo Styles Short Story Collection No. 1 by Jo Styles is a selection of 8 short stories from ghostly goings-on to romance by Jo Styles who is regularly published in Woman’s Weekly and Take a Break’s Fiction Feast.

Lastly but not least, pictured above are this week's yarn yummies by Wandering Wool and Rebel Yarn.
Please mark your calendars for the Wandering Wool Trunk Show at Looped Yarn Works on 21 April.

Saturday's post will feature more yarn yummies and some adorable stitchmarkers.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment