Sunday, July 17, 2011

Busy Week

With the Dalai Lama, HH the Karmapa in town and the Kalachakra and related events going on, this was a hectic, exciting week of seeing friends, people I don't see very often, activities and as always being bowled over by teachings. I've accepted that I will always have this awestruck feeling by learning something new and understanding more deeply concepts or practices that I'm already familiar with.
Went to the dr about my arm (took a tumble, more a splat on the sidewalk and my right arm took the force of the impact). Soft tissue bruising that will take another three to four weeks to heal. Probably spinning two days last weekend didn't help matters.

New Projects

While I still have wips (works in progress for the unititated). I'm seriously starting to focus on fall and winter knitting. During the KP yarn sale I ordered the City Tweed yarn I'd so long coveted and a set of three interchangeable needles. Well the one needle I needed to swatch the City Tweed yarn doesn't fit any of the cords, so I need to exchange it. It is a relief, that I decided to start the swatch so early and discovered the needle issue. A thorough search and organizing of my needles came up with two needles in the size I needed: one Chiagoo and one set of KP zephyr needles. I started the swatch on the ChiaGoo 16" needles, but they were too short. Switched to the KP zephyr needles and have one more repeat before the swatch is finished. A quick (and probably totally inaccurate measurement) measurement of the swatch on the needles indicates that I'm getting gauge. This swatch is for the Cabled Topper

For the Skirt KAL/CAL, I'm knitting Kat Coyle's Short Row Skirt from Simple Style using KP's Cotlin in the Loden colourway. I've started the swatch of 43 stitches on a size 5 needle.

Toupie

Toupie has been wowing them in the hallway on trash nights. He had three Latino women cooing and making a fuss Monday night and then Friday night he saw dogs for the first time. He wasn't that interested as they were being carried by their owners--so I don't think he realizes that they are about his size.
Coffee and Tea

Vietnamese Coffee Online was having a sale. First on coffee and then on the Tam Chau Artichoke tea. I discovered the artichoke tea at the hotel in Dalat, which provided it instead of the G7 coffee packets. I did get a bag of G7 packets, which is always a bad idea. They are so tasty and it's so easy to drink two or three cups of G7 in the morning. Needless to say, in less than a week I went through the bag. So it's on to the bags. Right now I'm drinking Indochine's An Nam Blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment