Friday, May 13, 2011

It's May














Since I lasted posted, I have accepted a new position. I leave my current employer at the end of next week and then two weeks off, Memorial Day and off to my new job on June 1. So work has been eclectically busy. It's finishing up and organizing; getting a temp replacement, etc. In between, I had a horrid neck-up virus that left me with tintinitus in my right ear for about a week. Took some homeopathic pills that seemed to do the trick.

I've been knitting sporatically. I'm still working on the second Brewster Contemporary Sock ribbing. I started a Pie are Square Shawl for the May shawl KAL. I joined the colourwork KAL but haven't started a project yet. I've decided the three garments I will knit during the summer in addition to my sweater sampler.

I saw a really good WWII flick. Two Thousand Women w/Flora Robson. Admittedly a bit of a propaganda puff piece about interned women in France, but the storytelling was solid--not a character or situation was wasted.

I'm continuing to plow through John Powers' History of Tibetan Buddhism as well as readings for the Joy in Everyday Life class.

Spent two and half days this week on retreat with my new employer and my new colleagues at a Catholic retreat location north of Baltimore. No tvs; no radios only alarm clocks in a area of farmland that is seeing some development. It was such a nice break. Our conference room overlooked woodland and 3 of the 4 walls were windows so there was a ton of natural light and warmth. It was so quiet at night that some had difficulty falling asleep. I had no problem.

We had dinner at Baldwin Station. If you're in Baltimore it's worth the drive. The meal was outstanding. The desserts were amazing and homemade. The single malt selection in the bar almost made me swoon.

One of the nice things about the retreat was the opportunity I had to take photos. I was able to apply some of the techniques I'd learned from my photography book.


No comments:

Post a Comment