Thursday, December 23, 2010

Double-sided Scarf

I've owned a copy of Mon Tricot's 1300 Pattern Stitches since it was first published in 1981. I have 3 copies (the last one purchased on Ebay in 2008 because my other two copies are quite sad.) In all that time it has never failed to teach and inspire. This book really is a one-of-a-kind treasure. It is primarily a stitch dictionary for both knitting and crochet. Most of the stitch photos are in black and white but very clear. The knitting terms are English, but there is a key for American knitting and crochet. Interspersed with the stitches are little gems about technique.

One of my goals for 2011 is to learn colourwork. After researching through all my knitting books, I picked up my trusty Mon Tricot and whilst looking at the colourwork designs and instructions, I discovered in one little corner on page 148 instructions for double-side stockingknit.

Doing a scarf in double-side stockingknit has also been on my want to knit list (especially as I have over 50 skeins of Palette), hence this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment