Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Am Not Alone

There was another knitter on the bus last night!!! She was knitting using magic loop continental style.

I was on the last row before bind off of my second Ishbel.

Yesterday was a bit scattered. A large group went off to McFaddens to watch the morning World Cup matches. The cable people for the first floor flat screens weren't arriving until 2:00 AND the storm Tuesday night knocked out the cable in the Panda Cafe (aka staff lunchroom). After yesterday morning, I feel some propitiation is required to our broadband width. That the network didn't slow down with the number of people (me included) watching the broadcast on Univision.com and listening to the commentary on ESPN Radio.com while working is a tribute to modern technology. A huge cheer went up when the US scored. Even the few disinterested bodies snapped to attention.

Now on to Saturday and divided loyalties. I want the US to win and I want Ghana as an African country in the first World Cup on the continent to go through and I can't have both. I suppose it comes down to supporting the team that wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment