Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Miscellany

UK Knitting Magazines

Some of them give stuff away. I have received wooden handles for a purse, a needle case (very handy), and a yarn divider all by purchasing copies of Simply Knitting. Yarn Forward and The Knitter admittedly haven’t come with freebies. But none of the US knitting magazines come with freebies. Creative Stitching, a UK publication covering embroidery, also has freebies packed with some of its issues. Now, I will confess, that I have often NOT bought an issue because I didn’t want the freebie. The needle case did languish for months and I have yet to knit the purse for the wooden handles. But the plastic yarn divider, which allows you to spool up to three balls of yarn for a project (sort of a collapsible YarnTainer) I’ve used a lot.

If you like to embroider, Creative Stitching is a dose of monthly inspiration.

WIP or mon tricots en cours

I think I should fess up to what’s on my needles. I am hoping public confession will spur me into finishing projects faster.

I have started arm warmers to go with my Berkeley Cardigan.

The green beret in Knit Picks Gloss sock yarn.

2012 Olympics

I’ve just heard on the World Service that Shauna Richardson has won an $800,000 contract to crochet nine metre high lions for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment