Sunday, June 15, 2014

Deer


I saw deer from my window for the first time this spring. I always see them in pairs. These two casually grazed the grass mown earlier in the week. 

I washed and wore the Diagonal Rib Socks this week. The Jackalope yarn has that perfect balance of softness (without being limp), roundness in the fibres, and twist. The socks were soft as butter on my feet.
 
I’m on the foot, which I’m knitting in stockinette, of the first Simple Skyp Socks. Whilst trying on the sock, I dropped one of the dpns. Despite my best efforts in and under furniture, the dpn has disappeared. Therefore, I took the plunge and order a set of the Knit Pro Karbonz dpns. One of the reviews on Amazon best summed up my experience: the needles have enough grip to hold the stitches but are smooth enough to allow the easy movement of stitches on the needle. Skimming through Vogue Knitting Early Fall, there is a short article on the Knitter’s Pride company. 

Finally accustomed to the Zitron XXL yarn. It’s a bit hard without being hard on the hands. It really shows the ribbing in the pattern. 

I thought I’d lost my utilitarian pair of glasses. But lo and behold during my weekly tidy up I found the meaning I can postpone my visit to the opticians until the beginning of July. But this experience has taught me that I do need a backup pair. 

I’ve finally perfect my black bean recipe. I’ve been looking for another alternative to tofu and lentils as a non-meat protein. What I’ve been aiming for is sort of a Cuban citrus and vinegar-like flavor. I achieved that today with half an onion, a bit of rice vinegar, the juice of two limes and a variety of spices (Garam Masala, cilantro, turmeric, cumin, chili lime salt, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper) to a cup of dried black beans. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment