Thursday, June 5, 2014

Anticipating the World Cup


I’m off to Baltimore every day for the next three days for a Buddhist class. I am hoping to sit with minimal twitching. Since I won’t be staying in a hotel, it means daily travel back and forth. I have my train tickets and I’m taking Monday off to recover.

The World Cup starts in a week. It’s an that event none of my current colleagues or local friends are interested in. Everyone that I’ve shared the experience with is now scattered: other parts of the US, Germany, Malaysia, China, except of course Toupie.
 


Talk about totally engrossed in England v. Germany in the 2010 World Cup.

What is encouraging is the exponential growth since 2002 in the number of bars, restaurants and other venues showing broadcasts of all or most of the matches.
 
My knitting is suffering from the amount of work I’ve had to do at home preparing for our summer conference. I’m finishing the toe on the second Diagonal Rib Sock. I have recommitted my self to knit at least one project during the WC.

The achievement I’m so pleased with is changing my clothes and keeping them in order by color in the closet for over two weeks. It’s such a simple idea, but it makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment