Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lazy Sunday








More photos from the hydrangea bush.


This is the bush on February 19, 2009 during snowmaggedon.


No formaldehyde, No Toluene, No DBP...

Just that fact that I only recognize one of those ingredients got my attention. I ordered the Butter London Nail Lacquer Remover Powder Room. Wasn't at all bothered by the powdery smell some reviewers complained about. Was a little suprised at the small size until I used the product. Two tips on a cotton ball and I was able to completely remove the polish. It left my nails neither dry nor oily. They just feel like nails. Highly recommend.


Skirt KAL/CAL

For the unitiated, KAL=knitalong; CAL=crochetalong

I've been waiting to knit a skirt for like forever. A few posts in the KP forum gave me the idea to organize a knit/crochet along for skirts. I've been wanting to knit Kat Coyle's Short Row skirt and Gansey skirt. Kat Coyle is one of those designers whose designs always grab me. I have her Nomad Hat currently on the needles. Need to finish that before Fall.


Brewster Socks

Have started the gusset on sock two. I've made one major mistake in the pattern stitch but this sock has on the whole gone much easier that the first sock. I don't think I appreciated the amout of stress I was under while knitting sock one during the time the whole new job process was coming together.


Pi Are Squared Shawl

Coming along but I'm torn. I will probably finish knitting the 440 yards of the black yarn. On the needles the shawl just doesn't look that big. Here's my fear: that I will add another 200-400 yds of a complimentary colour, soak it for blocking and end up with a shawl that falls to my knees. I think I will seek advice in the Shawl KAL group.


Reading:

Found a wonderful little series, well it's not exactly little in terms of the number of titles. The A Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press. I bought Landscapes and Geomorphology and International Migrations but have added a bunch more to my wish list in Amazon.


Birthday:

I'm starting to realize I'm coming up on one of life's landmark events. My 60th. Damn, I don't feel sixty, don't think I look it and I feel more intellectually stimulated and emotionally balanced than at any time in my life. I certainly don't feel, look or dress like Aunt Bee.


Interesting that at 30, I felt the need to get pregnant (didn't act on it...well I did the act just prevented the preggers part). At 40, I really thought, I'm over the hill. Coming on the big 60, I'm looking around for mischief to get into or something new to explore or both.


I'm not a big birthday party person. What's up with not being able to get that really buttery, sugar-laden icing that turns hard as rocks when you leave it out overnight. The new trend in creamy icing just leaves me flat. Give me icing you need to use a fork or knife to separate from a slice of cake, instead of spoon, and that'll give you a real sugar rush before you've finished that last bite. Anyway...I was filling in my calendar (google is so nice to send you an email saying you have no appointments today) and realized that I will be working the weekend before my birthday, as well as on my birthday, and the weekend after my birthday.

Tossed out the idea of a weekend trip. Think I might book my self into the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon and use my gift certificate for a full 80 minute body massage and a facial. And then schedule a lunch with my sister to seriously pig out on Dim Sum.


Films

Watch the latest George Gently series. A flim I'd seen before on Jewish performer Kurt Gerron. I still have a Jacobean play on DVD with Helen Mirren and Stanley Baker to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment