Thursday, March 5, 2015

Now is the winter of our....

Temps in the teens and below; winds like the Roaring Forties; clear roads and sidewalks that are ice rinks made so by wintry mixes, snow, rain, sleet or small chunks of ice (last Sunday afternoon).  This winter has hit the gauge by which I measure bad winters: Your fingers don't feel cold without gloves when it's 32F.

I have a quilted coat that I save for the coldest days. Most winters I wear it maybe 20 days between December and March 1, because it is keeps me so warm that above 35F, it is uncomfortably warm. I have worn the coat almost every day from the end of January and I'm still wearing it. I've worn shoes to work once in the last 15-20 days. The rest of the time it's been my purple boots because they grip best on ice. Warmish days (those where the temps climb to the mid-30'sF), deepens the nightmare because what melts during the day, freezes again at night.

Today is another snow day. It's been snowing steadily since about 07:00 and it is 16:15 now. I sent emails and chatted at bit on FB (a rarity for me). Then I spent a few hours working on the financials for work making some good progress.

So until the sun of York decides to show his face and make glorious summer or 40F with no wind, here are some photos:







1 comment:

  1. Hey, Croby, we haven't heard from you for a while. Are you OK?

    ReplyDelete