Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wonderful Link

I found a wonderful link today. Free vintage knitting patterns. Downloaded several patterns but the real winner is the pattern for a pair of Rifleman Gloves.

I'd love mittens, but when you're constantly whipping out your bus pass or using your smart card, mittens don't give you the dexterity required. The flip gloves are cute and I may still make a pair, but again it's the fiddly bit when it's cold and you have to focus on getting on the bus and doing your thing that makes me bulk.

The Rifleman gloves are a combination of mitten and glove. You knit a thumb and forefinger and the other three fingers are enclosed in a mitten. Volia dexterity and warmth.

I think I've also solved my sock knitting failures on this site as well. Heeless socks...like duh! I've bought commerically made heeless socks before. I wasn't wild about them because I could never tell which side was up, but if I knit them, I can put a design on the upside and knit the downside in either ribbing or stocking knit. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment