Friday, July 9, 2010

Heat Stroke

It must be the heat. Why else would I have two shawls on the go with a plan in my head to start designing the M shawl on paper.

Movies:

The Last King takes all of the political intrigue, challenges, issues and events covering 1649-1685 and makes them interesting watching.

The Piano Teacher features two of my all time favorite actresses: Annie Giradoux and Isabelle Huppert in a movie that I could not finish watching.

Howard's End. I have seen this before and fell asleep before the ending and now I have to rent it because I can't remember what happened. Excellent cast: Helena Bonham-Carter, Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins and Samuel West (who is just to die for)

All this between knitting, end of year at work, and the World Cup.

Writing:
Nothing on paper, but I've got characters, scenes, and actions in my head. Emma is going to be the character through which the Littlejohn family and events that affect it our viewed. She's querky. She's very concerned with security...feeling safe and being able to protect herself. She's a little nerdy with her collection of words and attachment to books. But she has her mother's spunkiness and temper; and like her mother, the world views her as secure and self-assured. But events that happen just before the novel opens finds her changing. The most outward sign of that is she's making a real effort to keep her entire bedroom tidy...not just the shelf with her fireman dolls. She's going to bond with Jane (Pink Fringe) who has come to live with the Littlejohn's after the death of her mother. This will make interesting writing because Jane is giving in a very different way from her mother and Scissor. But all this mental work has me looking forward to November.

No comments:

Post a Comment